Fei Tian Academy of the Arts (FTAA) Middletown, NY campus is a college preparatory school that will offer:
- An Academic Track – prepares students for successful college programs and a wide range of professional interests and occupations;
- An Arts Track – enables students to pursue professional careers in the arts through rigorous training while providing a wide range of opportunities both within and outside the artistic realm to explore and develop their strengths and talents;
- General education – grades 6 – 12;
- Extracurricular projects with science/engineering research institutions and government agencies;
- College counseling and planning that begins in grade 9;
- Educational themes based on authentic and traditional Chinese language and culture;
- ESL and tutoring for international students;
- Low student-teacher ratio;
- Boarding and Day school options;
- A safe environment with an emphasis on moral values and conduct.
FTAA seeks to provide outstanding education to students in Grade 6-12 to help them become successful college students and professionals, as well as morally sound and well-rounded citizens in the dynamic world of the 21st century.
Specifically, FTAA seeks to
- Provide outstanding instruction of academic subjects, meeting and/or exceeding standards of New York State for Grades 6-12;
- Help each student develop a solid professional foundation in dance, music, or fine arts to develop a life-long ability for art appreciation or to become professional artists;
- Enable students to achieve bilingual proficiency in English and Chinese through course offerings and campus environment;
- Inculcate in students a profound respect for moral character
Students may declare one of the following three specialties: academics, dance, and music. All students need to complete required academic courses. Students who choose dance or music need to take a specified number of additional courses and pass certain competency standards.
- High School Diploma:
- Complete the required academic courses satisfactorily
- High School Diploma with Honors:
- Outstanding GPAs and/or achievements in extracurricular activities
- Fei Tian Diploma:
- Dance or music achievements
The best education is one where students not only acquire knowledge, skills, and competency for successful professional careers, but also become morally sound and well-rounded contributors to society.
Moral character is not a luxury of the modern society; it is essential in achieving a high level of professionalism, efficiency, and effective learning.