The distinctive values of Fei Tian Academy of the Arts (FTAA) shape us today and inform our aspirations for tomorrow. Philanthropy is an integral part of our history and, of course, our future. We ask for your help in continuing this philanthropic tradition so we may better serve the next generation.
A gift to the Fei Tian Fund provides FTAA with critically needed flexible resources and supports the Academy’s ongoing priorities. These priorities include state-of-the-art facilities, quality faculty, nationally recognized programs, and a strong student body.
There are many ways to make a gift to FTAA. A common way is an outright gift which is transferred immediately from you to FTAA in the form of cash or credit card, securities, tangible or intangible personal property, or real estate. Another way is though endowments. Fei Tian is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Generous tax benefits are available.
Cash (currency, check, credit card, payroll deduction, money order, or bank draft) is the most popular and easiest form of giving and provides an immediate income tax deduction in the year given. To make a cash gift you may:
- Send a check (payable to Fei Tian Academy of the Arts) to:
Fei Tian Academy of the Arts
140 Galley Hill Road
Cuddebackville, NY 12729
- Make a donation by phone: (845) 754-4226
What are the advantages of endowments?
Creating an endowment allows you to fulfill your own personal philanthropic goals while helping support the needs and mission of FTAA. Endowments may be established for many reasons including to:
- permanently honor a loved one or mentor
- say thank you for an education
- celebrate personal and professional accomplishments
- perpetually support educational excellence at FTAA
- assist today’s students to become the leaders of tomorrow
- leave your permanent legacy
Endowments offer you benefits in the form of tax benefits under both state and federal laws. Depending on the type of asset given and the type of gift arrangement selected, it is possible to enjoy current savings on income taxes and gift/estate taxes.
How does FTAA benefit from endowments?
Endowments allow FTAA to create and maintain excellence in academics beyond what can be accomplished from state funding. Endowments have been created to:
- support facility development such as named classrooms, centers, or buildings
- support scholarships
- provide faculty teaching and research support such as funds for faculty chairs, distinguished professorships, visiting professorships, or lectureships
- enhance academic or other program support
- assure unrestricted support that provides funds to allow FTAA to address new and emerging strategic priorities in the future that may be unanticipated today
What are the types of endowments and what are their minimum funding levels?
There are many types of endowments starting from $1,000 to $25,000. You may begin your endowment with outright current gifts of cash or assets such as stock or real estate. Then sit back and watch your endowment as it benefits FTAA students, faculty, and programs.