Students interested in pursuing studies at Fei Tian Academy of the Arts are advised to submit their complete application package three months prior to the start date of the academic semester in which they wish to enroll. However, Fei Tian has a rolling admissions policy and accepts applications at any time of the year.
Fei Tian accepts applications in hard copy or in an electronic format. The complete application package includes:
- Completed application form
- At least one recommendation letter
- An official copy of the most current report card
- A copy of the birth certificate
- A copy of immunization records
- Digital format of recent photos (full length frontal and full length back)
- A photo of the splits in dance or gymnastic attire or other tight-fitting clothes (for dance applicants)
- A photo of a bridge in dance or gymnastic attire or other tight-fitting clothes (for dance applicants)
- A link of uploaded music piece (for music applicants)
If records are in a language other than English, applicants should have the records translated into English and certified. If the school records are not available, applicants must request a letter certifying the year(s) of school attended.
Upon passing the initial screening, the applicant and his or her parents will be scheduled for a personal interview and/or audition. Acceptance and placement are based on the results of the interview and audition, the desire of the student and parents for an education based on Falun Dafa principles, the academic and disciplinary records from previous years, and recommendations.
Those who are accepted into the school should understand that they may be placed in a grade level different from that in their previous school. Those not yet performing at the required level for their age may be placed in a lower grade.
A probationary period of three months is required for all newly admitted students. Parents will be notified of concerns or any recommended changes in placement by the end of the three months of the student’s attendance at Fei Tian Academy of the Arts.
Any application found to contain false information may result in the student being denied enrollment or being immediately dismissed from the school.