Fei Tian Academy of the Arts is authorized under United States federal law to enroll eligible non-immigrant middle and high school students under the F-1 category at its campus located in Cuddebackville, New York 12729.
The information provided below refers specifically to the Cuddebackville campus.
As a bilingual school, Fei Tian Academy of the Arts offers strong ESL programs and academic tutoring for international students.
The Office of International Services (OIS) is designated to help international students with their specific needs, including visa application, visa renewal, and status maintenance. This section outlines basic information concerning application procedure and legal requirements.
Understanding immigration rules and keeping the relevant immigration papers organized and up-to-date can also be a challenge for many newcomers. The Office of International Services provides guidance to international students regarding visa, nonimmigrant status, travel, instructions for entering or leaving the United States, school transfers, extension of stay, change of nonimmigrant status, reinstatement, social security, and any other procedural matters concerning international students.
APPLYING TO FEI TIAN AS AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT
In addition to the normal admission standards and procedures, special considerations listed below apply to international applicants.
Transcripts and pertinent medical records must be translated into English before submission. Other information, such as ESL test scores, that may be helpful in determining the grade level and academic course level placement at Fei Tian should also be included.
An audition is normally required of all students who apply, including those applying from abroad. However, with prior approval from the Academy for special situations, international applicants may send videos of their performances in lieu of an audition.
English Proficiency – Confidence in Speaking, Reading and Writing
English proficiency is critical for FTAA students to succeed in our rigorous program. Though we provide ESL support for students, we highly recommend that applicants demonstrate competence in both oral and written English.
We suggest non-native English speakers to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or other equivalent tests. Below you will find guidelines for the minimum English proficiency scores to will help ensure that you will thrive at our school.
We conduct a comprehensive interview via Skype with each applicant. During the admissions process and new student orientation, each student who does not meet the minimum English requirement will be asked to take the English Placement Test, which will determine his/her ESL level.
|Grades||TOEFL iBT||TOEFL Junior||IELTS||SLEP|
|Middle School (6-8)||40||650||4.0||45|
|High School (9-12)||70||800||5.5||55|
International Application Checklist
- General Application 6th to 12th Grade
- Application Fee of $80 (waived for the 2016-2017 academic year)
- School Report – including transcripts and current grades with translation in English. If the school records are not available, applicants must request a letter certifying the year(s) of school attended.
- Recommendation letter(s)
Academic Program Applicants
- TOEFL exam scores or SSAT scores if any
Dance or Music Program Applicants
The applicant must first submit all items in the International Checklist and submit the following additional items:
- Digital format of recent photos (full length frontal and full length back)
- A photo of the splits in dance or gymnastic attire or other tight-fitting clothes (for dance applicants)
- A photo of a bridge in dance or gymnastic attire or other tight-fitting clothes (for dance applicants)
- A link for an uploaded music piece (for music applicants)
- With prior approval from the Academy for special situations, international applicants may send videos of their performances in lieu of an audition.
Financial Aid Applicants
- Scholarship Application for International Applicants
The applicant must submit an Application for a Visa Certificate (AVC) to request a Form I-20 from Fei Tian.
Please contact the Admissions Office if you have any questions.
Address: Fei Tian Academy of the Arts, 42 Jason Place, Middletown, NY 10940